Casual Event Work
We are currently seeking to expand our casual Food & Beverage event team.
Applicants need to have the following attributes and skills.
- Great availability to work nights (both weeknights and on weekends)
- Must be keen to be part of a team delivering live events
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Well presented
- Enjoy engaging with people
- Comfortable using a Point of Sale system
- Must have a valid RSA certificate
- Experience in a live music venue is favourable, but not essential
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com with applications closing at 5pm, Tuesday 6th April 2021. Please note that if you are short listed for an interview, interviews will occur the following week.
We do not offer work experience or work placement programs.
Promoters bring their events into our theatre with their own sound/lighting/sets/technicians. If you are looking for technical experience in sound or lighting you should contact the major sound and lighting companies who work in this area.
If you are looking for hands on experience in the music industry organisations like Gig Power employ crew for event set up across many festivals and events.
If you are looking for experience in a theatrical organisation you could consider approaching:
- Melbourne Theatre Company
- Chunky Move
- Australian Ballet
- Opera Australia
- The Malthouse
- Melbourne Festival
- Victorian Arts Centre
- Or your local government organisation ie City of Melbourne
All the best and we’re sorry we couldn’t help.
There are no volunteering opportunities available at the Palais Theatre.