PALAIS THEATRE COMMUNITY FUND
Grant Application Guide
The Palais Theatre has established a Community Fund to provide support to enhance a vibrant and creative St Kilda and City of Port Phillip community. Grants of up to $5,000 are available to charities and not-for-profit organisations to support community infrastructure, activities and residents within the City of Port Phillip.
Before you complete the application form, please use the following checklist to confirm your eligibility. You will need to upload evidence of eligibility to complete your application.
Before submitting your application, please go through the checklist below to confirm you are eligible to apply for a grant:
1. I am a charity or not-for-profit organisation registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC).
2. The project is located within the City of Port Phillip area.
3. The project benefits the residents of the City of Port Phillip.
4. I am requesting up to $5000, and these funds represent more than 25% of the total project budget.
5. I can provide evidence of secured co-funding should the total project be more than $5,000.
6. The project can be completed and reported on within 6 months from receipt of grant funds.
7. I can provide audited or certified end of financial year accounts.
8. My project falls into one or more of the following categories:
- Infrastructure or Equipment;
- St Kilda Community Support; or
- Support for Creative Arts
9. I have DGR status (preferred, not required).
10. I have fully acquitted any previous PTCF grants.
(Please note: Support for Creative Arts includes live music, theatre, film, art, dance, comedy, writing and this may include, but is not limited to events, internships and educational courses.)
You need to answer yes to all of the above questions to be eligible to submit an application.
As there is a limit to the funding available, so there is also a strong likelihood that a number of applications will be unsuccessful, simply because there are not enough funds available to service all applications.
Decisions about funding will be made by the Palais Theatre Community Fund Committee and are final. Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply in future funding rounds, provided you fully meet the eligibility criteria.
Successful and unsuccessful applications will be notified by e-mail, however due to the likely high volume of applications, it will not be possible to provide detailed feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Applications will include the following items:
1. You must meet all of the criteria to be eligible for funding.
2. Provide contact details for your organisation.
3. Describe your organisation's purpose/mission.
4. Project Title.
5. A brief overview of the project.
6. What will the funding be used for.
7. How much funding are you requesting?
8. What is the total estimated cost of the project? What % of the total project is this funding?
9. Have you secured additional funding for this project?
10. If your project is successful, please advise how you will acknowledge the support of Live Nation (Palais Theatre - A Live Nation Managed Venue).
11. If your application is successful, a short acquittal report and evidence of completion must be provided within one month of the agreed completion date.
12. Upload proof of your organisation being a not-for-profit and registered with the ACNC.
13. Is your organisation endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)?
Please note: DGR status is not an eligibility requirement. Organisations who do not have DRG status are still eligible for funding.
14. Will this grant be auspiced?
15. Upload your most recent audited/certified financial statements.
16. By submitting an application you are agreeing that it is being submitted under the signature of the authorised person (CEO/ Director/ President).
Once you submit your application you will not be able to access a copy of it through this system. Ensure you have saved your answers to your own document.
Also note that you will not receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
For more information please see our FAQ.
Some notes from past rounds that may assist your application are:
Ensure all survey questions are completed
Clearly describe the project the funding will support
Define who will benefit from your project
Articulate how the funds will be used to support your project
If a co-funded project, explain how any shortfall will be accounted for
Consider submitting, smaller more tangible projects rather than funding as part of larger projects
Other Important Information
Applications will only be accepted via Survey Monkey.
If you require assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org