Palais Theatre $1 Community Reservations Applications Announced for 2019/2020
Community Purpose Reservations at the Palais Theatre is a City of Port Phillip initiative in partnership with Live Nation Australia Venues.
This initiative makes the hire of the Palais Theatre more accessible to groups that may not otherwise be able to use the venue due to hire costs.
Up to eight community purpose reservations can be granted per year for dates in 2019 and 2020. Successful applicants for a community booking will have venue hire costs reduced to $1, enabling a range of users to experience this extraordinary venue. Please keep in mind event costs (ushers, security, cleaning, rigging, electricity etc) still apply. You can find out what event costs you may need to budget for your event HERE. If you require more information on venue hire, dates and costs while making your decision to apply, please send your enquiry to email@example.com.
The application process is through an online application form. Go to the City of Port Phillip page HERE.
Who can apply
Event organisers, arts and community groups may apply for this initiative.
Applicants must demonstrate at least one of the following to be eligible to apply for this initiative.
- would not otherwise be able to be held at the Palais Theatre
- is produced by an organisation based within the City of Port Phillip
- can show a history or strong connection with the City of Port Phillip, its residents or businesses
- will be able to provide low cost tickets for the audience
- would contribute to key initiatives within the City of Port Phillip Events Strategy, including priority event types or timings
- will enable access to the City of Port Phillip community as a priority.
How to apply
Go to the City of Port Phillip page for more details HERE.
Applications for dates in 2019 and 2020 open on Monday 5 November, 2018 and close Fri 30 November, 4pm.